Live the Southwestern Lifestyle!
800 Heartwood Lane, #19, Bayfield, CO 81122
For Sale By Owner
Do you dream of living under sunny skies 300 days a year? Of reaching world-class hiking, kayaking, boating, and skiing in minutes instead of hours? Of being able to dine at world-class restaurants without making a reservation months in advance? Of finding the right balance of privacy, nature, and community?
Look no further (and bring the horses, pets and kids)!
Located on 360 private acres of forest, pastures, and trails in Heartwood Ranch near Durango, Colorado.
This 2,620-sf single-family home in Heartwood Ranch offers amenities you would expect to find in a much more expensive property, including horse and livestock facilities, tennis court, greenhouse, orchards, state-of-the-art woodworking shop, and a 4,000-sf “common house” that includes guest rooms, industrial kitchen, patio, yoga and exercise rooms, dining hall, and library.
Located just 18 miles east of Durango, the hub of the Four Corners region, Heartwood Ranch is a 24-home community with 7 miles of private trails for x-country skiing, snowshoeing, riding, hiking, and biking.
Learn more about Heartwood Ranch Cohousing Community at https://www.heartwoodcohousing.com/
Built in the southwestern, mountain-rustic style, this home includes:
- 3 BR/3 full baths (2 remodeled in 2019)
- Private guest suite with bath on lower level
- Sunny office on main floor with aspen-planked ceiling
- Library/second office on second floor
- Two living areas: living room on main level; family room on lower level
- Cook’s galley kitchen with stainless-steel appliances (2017), gas range, eat-in countertop, and maple cabinets
- Dining room with outdoor access to pergola-covered, redwood deck (2017)
- Large east-facing master BR, with private balcony and aspen-plank ceiling
- tall ceilings throughout the house
- 300-sf laundry, storage, & workshop room
- New carpet (2018) and hickory wood floors
- hot-water baseboard heat (95%-efficient boiler, new in 2017)
- Locally harvested exposed beams on main level
- Passive-solar; stucco- and wood-frame
- Low utilities year-round.
- Master BR: 13’4″x 22’10”; living room: 14′ x 14′; kitchen: 11′ x 16′; dining room: 10’9″ x 13′; bedroom #2: 12’10″x 11’6″; bedroom #3: 13’4″ x 9’6″; bedroom #4: 11’7″ x 11′
Your new home
This lovely home is built with custom upgrades including:
- Hand-hewn timbers
- Newly remodeled tiled showers
- Hand-carved bannisters
- Pine doors, trim & windowsills
- Hickory floors
- Aspen-plank ceilings in Master and Office
- Mexican-tiled kitchen
- Pergola-covered redwood deck
- Large, sunny windows with 360-degree views of hills and forests.
This open-concept floor plan includes living room, galley kitchen with countertop dining, dining area, office, and full bath on the main floor. Framed by large windows, these sunny spaces look out onto juniper and pinion groves. From the dining area, glass sliders lead to the redwood deck and fenced back yard.
On the lower level of the home is the family/media room; large utility room with laundry facilities, storage, and workbench; and sunny guest suite with new bath.
Upstairs is the Master Bedroom, second bedroom, library, and a newly remodeled bath with large, glassed-in shower. An openable skylight in the upstairs hallway allows in extra light and, along with the whole-house fan, keeps the home cool in summers. The large Master offers views to the eastern mountains and to the southern mesas of New Mexico. A glass door leads to a private balcony, perfect for morning coffee or catching up on your favorite novel.
The landscaped lot features shade and fruit trees (apricot, plum, and apple) and rock-wall terraces planted with flowering perennials. If you have pets or small children, the fenced-in backyard offers both privacy and safety.
Pitch your hammock between the tall timbers framing the pergola-covered deck and watch the hummingbirds feast on the vines. Wild turkeys, deer, elk, eagles, and ravens are among the wildlife we see frequently.
The Photo Gallery
Click on any photo to enlarge and enter slide show mode.
Additional Property Details
- Lot size: 7,393 ft. End lot backs to the pine-forested lands and trails of Heartwood Ranch
- Two carports, each with shelf-filled storage units
- Mature, irrigated landscaping including fruit trees, perennial beds, and shade trees
- Split rail, fenced-in backyard
- Log-framed, pergola-covered redwood deck
- Upgraded heating system in 2017; hot-water radiant heat and boiler (new in 2017); living room woodstove (with 2-yr supply of wood in private woodshed)
- Whole-house H20 and reverse-osmosis water filters
- Highly efficient, whole-house fan with operable skylight in upper hall.
- Legal/Lot Block: HEARTWOOD RANCH PH I Lot: B4 PROJ 98-58 AMENDED PL
- Water: supplied by five community wells; water is strong and tasty. Water Rights/Irrig.: Yes
- Natural gas
- Electric Supplier: LA Plata Electric Association
- HOA fees include access to all property including:
- Horse/livestock property with 60 irrigated pasture, barn, hay storage, tack room
- Seven miles of trail for x-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, and biking.
- Garage Type: Carport; RV Parking: yes
- Schools: : Bayfield K-5; Middle School Bayfield 6-8; High School Bayfield 9-12
Get ready to call this home
La Plata County
The highly desirable La Plata County is known for its culture, historic sites, and world-class outdoor recreation including skiing, hiking, biking, boating, & golf. Purgatory and Wolf Creek Ski Resorts bookend Heartwood Ranch (each is less than an hour away); there are two Nordic centers plus thousands of acres of wilderness for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. If you love water sports, you’ll find lakes galore and four major rivers within an hour’s drive.
Everything At Home
Heartwood ranch offers a balance of privacy and community. The HOA includes access to horse and livestock facilities including irrigated pastures; an 800-sf greenhouse, tennis court, state-of-the-art wood-working shop, camping areas, orchards, and a 4,000-sf central facility (shown) with guest and meeting rooms, commercial kitchen, indoor & outdoor dining areas, exercise room, library, and reading room.
Nestled at the cusp of the great San Juan Mountains of Colorado and the stunning mesas of New Mexico, Heartwood Ranch enjoys an average 300 days of sunny skies a year. This beautiful home is near the famed Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Train and Mesa Verde National Park.